Become a Teacher in Washington
If you are passionate about helping others learn, completing a teaching certification program is an excellent way to apply your skills. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching degree and prepare for your teaching certification.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in the state of Washington, you must meet all of Washington’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of a state-approved teacher education program and recommendation for certification by the approved program.
- Passing scores on one of the West-B basic skills exams.
- Passing scores on the required subject matter exams.
- Fingerprint clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in the state of Washington, please check the
Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction website:
Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction Web site