Get Credit for Community College Work Transfer Policy

WGU Washington’s curriculum structure is competency-based, allowing you to apply your existing knowledge and skills to your education. Students transferring from a U.S. community college can expect a comprehensive transfer policy.

Students with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree usually qualify for an Upper-Division standing at WGU Washington. This position allows you to waive up to 40 WGU credit equivalents, also known as Competency Units (CUs) (equal to 60 quarterly credit hours). Note: Depending on your degree program, you may qualify for additional requirement waivers.

WGU Washington has been working very closely with many colleges within the state of Washington to establish transfer pathways that outline the way a variety of available associate degrees earned in the state of Washington will transfer to WGU Washington. We are very excited to be able to offer a generous transfer policy to the many WGU Washington students to help students achieve their goal of attaining their bachelor’s degrees. Click here to see if your school participates in this transfer pathway process.

Note: If you have completed some college coursework but have not earned a degree, WGU Washington will conduct a transcript evaluation. Your experience may waive some of your requirements.

Learn More About Transfer Credits

Request Info Apply Now

Schema Markup for WGU Washington Logo

You’re using an unsupported version of your browser..

You’ll still have full access to the site, but some functionality may be lost. For the best experience, upgrade your browser by following the links below.