Requesting Official Transcripts

How to Request College Transcripts from Previously Attended Institutions

A transcript is the permanent record of academic work undertaken at a college or university. The college transcript request that you submit is often managed by the Office of the University Registrar or Records Department of your institution. To be accepted at WGU Washington, you will need to request transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions previously attended and submit them to the Transcripts Department of WGU.

  • You may be able to request college transcripts and submit them entirely electronically if your previous institution participates in electronic transcript exchange services. Electronic transcripts are sent securely in PDF format and offer the fastest processing time. Official electronic transcripts will need to be sent using this information: Western Governors University, Student Records 03339400
  • You may be able to only request college transcripts online from your previous college or university website, and have them submit it via mail. The official, physical transcript should be sent to the following address:

    Western Governors University
    Attn: Transcripts Department
    4001 South 700 East, Suite 300
    Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2533

  • Should electronic ordering not be an option, requesting college transcripts by mail is possible. Mail your transcript request to the Office of the Registrar of the university or college that you previously attended. You can use the Transcript Request Form that is provided in the link below:

    Transcript Request Form

  • A college transcript request can also be submitted in person at the college or university you attended previously. The copies will need to be sealed in order to be considered official college transcripts. Request your copy in person, but do not break the seal before submitting the paperwork by mail to WGU.

If you have any questions or run into unusual delays or problems obtaining official transcripts, speak to your Enrollment Counselor or call us at 877-435-7948 today.

Request Info Apply Now

Schema Markup for WGU Washington Logo

You’re using an unsupported version of your browser..

You’ll still have full access to the site, but some functionality may be lost. For the best experience, upgrade your browser by following the links below.